How To Protect Our Water
What can I do to save and protect the water supply?
Simple steps can be taken to ensure a plentiful clean supply for future generations.
- Start A Water Conservation Program
- Check for and fix leaks.
- Turn the water off when shaving and brushing your teeth.
- Install low flow fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Obey all lawn irrigation guidelines.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine only when full.
Stop Throwing Out Pollutants
Dispose of hazardous household waste in an environmentally safe manner, according to local town government guidelines, most of which have drop-off dates and locations. Prevent items such as used motor oil and household chemicals from seeping into the aquifer by never placing them in the trash or dumping them down the drain, into the storm sewer or onto the ground.